Wednesday, August 12, 2009

7 weeks and 3 days to go


I'm back!! 32 Weeks Already! That's 8 months!
Sorry for the delay, but this little girl of mine has kept me very busy over the last few weeks and she hasn't even arrived yet. But I'm here to get you all caught up.

On the agenda for this blog entry is the following:
1. the nursery
a. paint
b. carpet
c. crib & changing table
d. what were still waiting on
e. choosing the ART
2. the pediatrician
3. date nights with an old college bff
4. baby's name
5. baby's movin' and a shakin'

#1 - The Nursery
The nursery is almost complete! And I LOVE it!


a. Paint the Walls - check!
My Mom, bless her heart, spent a week painting the entire room for her first grandchild!! And wait until you see it - it is perfect; modern, peaceful, and feminine. As my mom mentioned, I only changed my mind a "few" times on the colors, but in the end - we were all very happy with the end product - check it out!

b. FIX the Floor and Purchase & Install New Carpet - check!
This was Kelly's big project and I must say, he did a fabulous job! While I got to pick the color of the carpet, Kelly chose everything else - and saw this project thru, start to finish! We got the carpet for a great price from Contract Design. They also helped fix the floors! Then Kelly's friend, Scott got us great padding and helped Kelly install the carpet! It turned out beautifully! And it is SO SOFT! Check it out!

c. Get the Crib & Changing Table - check!
The Nurseryworks crib and changing table finally arrived from California on Tuesday! It was so exciting! Kelly and I immediately began putting the crib together - then a friend of ours, Marc, came over to help Kelly finish it up! By the end of the evening both were put together! The nursery was finally coming together!


d. Pieces we're waiting on - almost check!
To help you visualize what the end product will look like, I must remind you that we're still awaiting the arrival of the glider, drapes, and mattress (so I can get the crib bedding all put together). What do you think?

e. Find the right ART
I still have not found "the" piece. However, there are a few pieces I really, really like. Let me know what you think. One piece I did get, which I am really stoked about, is the my brother's mirror. I love it, love it, love it! Thanks Mum! If any of you have art ideas, please let me know!
my brother's mirror

stay tuned
more to come...


No comments:

Post a Comment