Tuesday, August 18, 2009

This is Random


Heartburn or pyrosis is a painful and burning sensation in the esophagus, just below the breastbone usually associated with regurgitation ofgastric acid.[1] The pain often rises in the chest and may radiate to the neck, throat, or angle of the jaw.

Heartburn has taken over my life! I can't remember what life was like without it! It keeps me up all night, breaks my concentration all day, and no matter how much medication I take, the heartburn still remains! My doctor tells me the only remedy left is LABOR! This really bums me out, as I cannot imagine living with this for another 47 days!

My shiba knows I'm pregnant!
For those of you who don't know the love of my life, allow me to introduce you. Her name is Jada, she's my seven year-old shiba inu (a rare japanese breed). She is very independent and cat like; not big on cuddling, rarely shows much affection - but she is super smart and so adorable! I LOVE her!! Did i mention that already?

I think Jada knows I'm pregnant because for the last 2 weeks she has been sleeping next to me every night, napping next to me every afternoon and is rarely more than 5 feet away from me. And this is so not normal behavior for Jada. Plus, look where I found her yesterday?

Too cute, right? I love you, Jada!!


Jada watching Beverly Hills Chihuahua with me

Scotlyn Faith - A Mover & A Shaker
Did I mention that Scotlyn never stops moving? Seriously, this little baby is going to be a mover and a shaker! I feel her moving constantly. It feels a bit different than it did during the earlier weeks; slower, larger and longer movements rather than the quick jabs!! She sure has a lot of energy; I feel like she is going to pop out and start bossing me a Kelly around!! LOL!

BABY SHOWER! YAY!
My shower is this Saturday! I am so excited!! I can't wait to celebrate with family and friends - some of which I have not seen in years!!! It is going to be super special!! Stay tuned for photos of this event!!

My Obsession
Every night before I go to bed I look at baby clothes on line - while Scotlyn surely doesn't need any more, I can't help LOOKING. Check out some of these - so damn adorable! And don't worry - i didn't buy any of them ... yet anyways! :)

2 comments:

  1. I think your doctor is right about how and when you will get rid of that nasty heartburn. The first time I got heartburn was when I was pg with you and after you were born I didn't get it again until this year. Oh-oh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Animals are so smart! That is sweet that she is sleeping next to you like that! Well, before you know it Scotlyn will be here!!!!!!!! I would be obsessing over baby clothes also! Hell, I look at them now and I am not even pregnant! hahaha

    ps I love everything you and your mom have done with the nursery so far!

    ReplyDelete